Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My Posts Don't Show Up

Am I doing something wrong?

I am a registered user of this forum. I have posted to the forum, but my posts never show up. Hopefully, this one will.

My question is: Does Xara Web Designer 10 Premium support fullscreen scalable background galleries like these?
    http://meghanwoodsmusic.com/
    http://tommybrandt.org/

I have sent inquiries to Xara Sales via the contact form with no replies. Not even an email confirmation.
    I can't find a sales or support phone number on the site. Frustrating is an understatement.

Frank Olivio

Default Re: My Posts Don't Show Up

Welcome to TalkGraphics Frank

New members are not permitted to add links to their posts. So your posts went into moderation.

I have approved your post as your links are appropriate to your question.

I will let some of our members respond to your question.

Frank, not natively as far as I know.

Your examples are double-whammies as they scale and they are change in a carousel.

For the first (scaling), you would have to add an image as your background.
    I am assuming you know how to do this in XWD10P.

Next you would have to give the image a Name as filename=bground-image.
    I am assuming you know how to do this in XWD10P.

Finally, you need to add a page Placeholder, with CSS:
    Code:
    #bground-image {  width: 100%;  position: absolute;  top: 0;  left: 0;}
    Let us know if this works and I will consider how to produce a jQuery carousel to change the image smoothly.
    for this, I will expect you to post a reasonable documentation of the steps you did to get a working version so we can all benefit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks guys.

May I ask why there are so many restrictions to using this forum? New users posts must be reviewed, links are not allowed, 20 second intervals between searches. Honestly, I've never seen this before. I'm sure you have good reasons for this, but I'm at a loss as to what it might be. For example: If I do a search but accidentally misspell a word, I can't resend the query for 20 seconds. Seriously?

Frank, a 20-second delay is probably there to limit denial of service attacks or simply to avoid overloading the server during peak viewing.
    If there is an admin on-line, they may be able to elaborate.

Most of the TGers use the following in Google: site:www.talkgraphics.com/ <search phrase> to get round this very problem.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

folivio

The answer to the links question is spam. Most forums are deluged with spam often coming from spambots. Some spam is obvious, some is more subtle, so posts by new members often fall into moderation until the moderator (we are all volunteers here) can review the material and ensure it is appropriate.

I have see several variations of Acorn's search tip, I use (search word or phrase) site:talkgraphics.com This seems to do the same thing.

Thanks guys.

How long does one have to be a member before the restrictions are lifted?

Frank Olivio

It's kind of ephemeral, I'm not sure but probably about 25. But moderators will usually check all moderated posts and if everything is OK approve the post.

So in the beginning, just be patient and if your post does not appear right away, know that someone will see it in one day or less. Depending on when each moderator swings through. We are not here 24/7 but check in several times a day.