Thanks for your reply. I must confess I've never used the Xara Amazon widget! I go to the affiliate site, get the code and 'paste as placeholder' using the top Edit menu in WD MX.

None of the existing Amazon placeholder code is broken. It all still works fine. It's only new ones that have the problem.

What I should have done is give an example. Below are 2 sets of code as generated by the Affiliate site. the 1st is the way it's always looked and the second is the way it looks now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This works. It's the way the code was always generated at the Affiliate site. The links still work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<iframe src="http://rcm-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=cantdistbattr-21&o=2&p=8&l=as1&asins=B00CDP6JBE&nou=1&ref=tf_til &fc1=221C1C&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=30303E&b c1=000000&bg1=F9F9F9&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This doesn't work. It's for precisely the same item and is the code generated by the Affiliate site now (for the same 120 x 240 ad).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdH tml&MarketPlace=GB&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad _type=product_link&tracking_id=cantdistbattr-21&marketplace=amazon&region=GB&placement=B00CDP6J BE&asins=B00CDP6JBE&linkId=L3MB7CZAWK2VYJLZ&show_b order=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true">
</iframe>

WD MX recognizes the new code as a placeholder, but when I try to insert it I just get a navigation error page.

I would have thought that a change of this magnitude and with this effect would cause rioting in the streets. Since it hasn't, I can't help feeling that the cause is something a bit more mundane, but I can't think what. Any more help gratefully accepted.

Staggers.