Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: ProX10 group scale bug

Interesting, not sure if I like this new behaviour or not yet. It is definitely a bit buggy though - eg. if you hold alt and stretch horizontally and then press undo or (ctrl+z) it doesn't do a proper undo on some grouped objects. I tried it on some of the objects in the design gallery, eg. delivery van 1, camera etc. it seems to break most of them. If you do this on a complex illustration that you haven't saved you're screwed.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

can confirm that xtom. It's not only using alt it works if you stretch it in the horizontal plane. It stretches correctly in the the vertical plane.

EDIT: Didn't see page 1, whoops!

View in HD

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 02 August 2014 at 02:35 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Word from Xara support is that this is not a bug but a web designer feature called Group Squashing. It allows groups like headers and footers to change width with minimal distortion...
    Ah, it's one of those new features that, from what I can find, no one asked for and likely will find little use for. Combined with what handrawn mentions, has no means of properly disabling because the antiquated Options dialog hasn't been updated with "features" that one can only use regedit to change, or await for Steve to update XaReg. God bless XaReg, the wonderfully functional missing link to Xara products.

This "feature" is yet another good reason for me to not bother with upgrading.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

What I'd like to see is for the program to be able to recognize what kind of document you have open and certain features like this one that are only beneficial when working on a web site would only be active in a web document.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

that called separate programs
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Word from Xara support is that this is not a bug but a web designer feature called Group Squashing. It allows groups like headers and footers to change width with minimal distortion...
    Sorry, I can't understand this feature. When would I ever require a grouped object to sqash one element but not the other? Mininimal distortion ???
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    this is not a bug but a web designer feature called Group Squashing. It allows groups like headers and footers to change width with minimal distortion.
    Thanks for the info Frances.

I'm surprised of the way this was implemented.
    Stretching is such a basic operation, this new feature should be an option not the default behavior.

Marc

I have also found this to be annoying and results unpredictable.

If you disable group squashing using the registry setting, does group scaling go back to functioning correctly (without the odd undo artefacts, etc. that occur even when holding down alt) ?

Thanks,
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry, I can't understand this feature. When would I ever require a grouped object to sqash one element but not the other? Mininimal distortion ???
    + 1

Hard to believe this whole, a feature which is almost a bug, or a bug which is almost a feature