I probably will not upgrade this go 'round, either. I wrote this in an email to someone a few minutes ago.
Gotta love the New, the Exciting, the Whatever "enhancements."

It's not like we all really need a lot of new drawing tools, bug fixes, or enhancements to actual drawing stuff. So just a little addition of new combined with some improvements would go a long way to me as it simply says "we've done something with drawing tools now shut up and purchase." And I likely would. I don't need the new plug-ins as I have more than I'll ever use anyway.
I'll throw the money at the upgrade for my font editor that was also just released. I'll use this money I had set aside for...anything, but likely it'll be for a couple font families I have wanted but didn't have a specific job I could use them on immediately.

Pity, really. Inside I want to support Xara, but I have come to the point software vendors have to also "support" me. I began using XDP with version 6, so not so long ago. If Xara wants my money, they need to earn it. I have to add value to my customers, else they will not be repeat customers.