Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "web properties" window becomes really really really slow now!

I run into a problem of pop-up settings in "web properties". I just found xara WD pre-set all the pop-up image properties to be "500 px, Let Xara Web Premium choose the type automatically, JPEG photo quality to be 80%". That way, it will pop-up a kind of blurring image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	102442

So I have to change the pop-up properties manually to let the photo quality to be 100%. Here we go:

Right click a photo, select web properties, the software will become non-response for at least half a minute until this window can show up. After I changed the setting, click "apply", the software will definitely stop response for another half a minute, then I can select second photo to see its web properties, but at the moment I click the second photo, the software will become non-response for half a minute -- long enough for me to get a cup of coffee. After I change the setting of this photo, click "apply", you know what will happen, right?

I have lots of photos, so this task drives me crazy. Is there any way to change web properties of all photos by one click, not do that one by one?

I am using 10 premium. So I consider this is a bug. Now I believe 10 premium is not really ready to release.

Default Re: "web properties" window becomes really really really slow now!

That's a lot of grief.

You probably can select all the photos on a page and then click Apply.
    When you go to another page repeat the above and don't close the Web Properties window.

I would open Task Manager and check you aren't running at 100%.
    You may have stuck processes so eyeball all those that are there and click on the various headings to sort on that column.
    When you start to see some pattern in the presented information, restart your computer and recheck.
    If there is nothing obvious, raise a ticket with Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: "web properties" window becomes really really really slow now!

I run into a problem of pop-up settings in "web properties". I just found xara WD pre-set all the pop-up image properties to be "500 px, Let Xara Web Premium choose the type automatically, JPEG photo quality to be 80%". That way, it will pop-up a kind of blurring image.
    I can't understand this. You should be able to use an 80% compression on your jpg's, a 100% is way over the top. Can you supply an example of a "blurring image"?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host