Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
Page size is not limited to to simply dialog box validation, this would be pointless, let's make a page limit and pull a number out of the air for fun?

There is a technical reason, and no its not an artificial limit (again, would be pointless otherwise).

Modern PC's running 64bit operating systems and programs can indeed handle larger documents, but this would be assuming everyone is running a 64 bit system, which they're not.

(on a personal note, not that I'm trying to be argumentative this is kind of what winds me up, when people make assumptions)
You don't need to use hyperbole. No one is suggesting "pulling a number out of the air for fun."

Xara doesn't need to program for the lowest common denominator (computer-wise that is). Because of conditional compiling that Xara uses, document sizes can be limited to the 64-bit versions, 32-bit version retaining the limitation. Even so, the 32-bit version wouldn't need this limitation per se either. 32-bit CorelDraw hasn't had it for how long? Nearly since I began using CD in 1990 or so with version 1.1.

And on a personal note, companies that stubbornly insist they know better than its professional customers wind me up.