Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have created a navbar in XaraX1 (easy enough). I have also successfully placed the navbar in the frames page where I want it. Unfortunately, when I click on a button the only thing that updates is the content frame for my site. The navbar frame doesn't update itself to the new "selected" state.

Am I missing some additonal html/java code? Or is it that I need to have the navbar on the same page as the rest of my content? That doesn't make any sense. Please help.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have created a navbar in XaraX1 (easy enough). I have also successfully placed the navbar in the frames page where I want it. Unfortunately, when I click on a button the only thing that updates is the content frame for my site. The navbar frame doesn't update itself to the new "selected" state.

Am I missing some additonal html/java code? Or is it that I need to have the navbar on the same page as the rest of my content? That doesn't make any sense. Please help.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Eric,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Am I missing some additonal html/java code? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes ;-}

AFAIK if you want a 'selected state' you need to load a different navbar page together with your content page.

The code should be based on something like this:

<a href="/gallery/navbar01.htm" target="_self"
    onMouseOver="window.status='newpage'; return true;"
    onClick="window.open('content','newpage')";>
    <B>Content Part 1</B></a>

Or you can assign a new frameset for each button and include a different navbar page with selected state buttons.

Lots of coding, better keep it simple!

There are some java applets for menus on the market, but I'd recommend a straight forward approach with html, because there are many users who have turned off the java option in their browsers.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

As you may know frames are the work of the devil for all sorts of reasons (e.g. orphaned frames) and I can tell you from my own pain filled experience, you are digging yourself into a large hole!

Suggest looking at alternatives such as Include files (aka server side includes, SSI) and iframes (inline frames) for navbar switching.

Lots of tut's online at places like webmonkey.com

hth
    Owen