Drawing and illustration is not my day job and I am new to graphics software so my setup is very modest so far. I will be self-illustrating two books I am contracted to write. I was wondering how you setup your graphics workstations and if I need to buy more hardware. My main system is a tower PC Windows 7 with a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch medium tablet, illuminated keyboard on a sliding undershelf, 23" wide screen monitor, wired laser mouse for precision, running full versions of Xara P&GD9 and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 6.2.

The portable system is a Microsoft Surface2Pro Windows 8.1 with keyboard/cover, WiFi Arc mouse (Surface edition), Pro Pen stylus (stock), running full versions of Xara P&GD9 and Sketchbook 6.2, not used at this location but in other rooms or out of the house. Below that is a Boogie Board LCD tablet for quick sketches (does not record/upload but is very handy for ideas on the go).

Not shown: Canon PowerShot Elph 130IS WiFi digital camera (can upload photos to both computers using WiFi). And coffee, lots of coffee.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desk.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	100268