Before I upgraded to XDP9, I downloaded the trial and it fully worked for me - nothing shut off, that I noticed (I am sure PhilM is being truthful in that it's the full version).

1. Anything that I would use Inkscape to do, XDP9 does better - it's faster, not a memory hog, some of it's features like bevels and transparency are unmatched by other software versions of those tools.

2. I use XDP9 to create any document at any number of pages (so far 250 page document is the largest I've done). Xara has a problem exporting large page number documents to PDF, I usually export 10 pages at a time as individual PDFs, then use a 3rd party PDF merge app, to combine all PDFs into single large PDF. However, creating multi-column, media rich content, graphically designed publications is easy for XDP9.

3. I've created lots of web graphics, and XDP9 can save to CSS coordinates (which it never used to be able to do), java coded drop down buttons, and basic web page layout - though in the past I used a WSYIWYG website editor to put it all together. Still I don't do a lot of web design these days, I am more a print graphic designer, as I run my own graphic design/digital print studio.

I use Photoshop for image editing, altering colors, better control with image contrast and other specifically bitmap image enhancements. Although Magic Erase and some other XDP9 tools are very capable that I do such operations in Xara, and not Photoshop. I know that Photo Elements is a lesser version of Photoshop, and I'd rather use Photoshop for all my image editing needs.

Here's a PDF adventure module, Frozen Wind, for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game with all the graphic design, page layout, cover design, several of the illustrations are vector created images (including the cover art) was created in Xara Xtreme Pro 4. The link points to this FREE downloadable PDF product at DrivethruRPG, an online store for RPG materials. Download this free product of mine to see professionally created work done in Xara. Note this product is 29 pages long and was a multi-PDF export merged into a single document.