Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Access Violation Exception at 0x0E8714E6 when exporting HTML files

Hi

I've just finished a new website that I've tried to upload to and I get the code Access Violation Exception at 0x0E8714E6

This happens while the HTML files are being exported. The index_htm_files folder is exported and a couple of HTML page files then the website generates an error code.

The first website I designed with XARA is fine and the export and upload works fine. Anybody have any idea what might be happening? Thanks

Default Re: Access Violation Exception at 0x0E8714E6 when exporting HTML files

See if you can publish to a folder on your desktop OK. And if so, use an FTP program such as Filezilla to upload these files to your server.

There have been a rash of FTP problems that have cropped up recently caused by changes to Windows made my Microsoft.

Xara is aware of these issues and is working on fixing these problems.

In the meantime, if these issues persist, then the external FTP publish is the best work around.

Hi GW, I can export only partially to a directory on my pc. The inex_htm_files folder, the index html file and another page file are exported before it crashes.

Could it be problem with low memory, as I have a number of tabs and window open at the moment? I think i'll try a reboot and have another try

Might be a memory problem. Reboot then close all open programs and try again.

I have rebooted my pc, closed all programs and tried to export the website and still get the Access Violation Exception at 0x0E8714E6 pop up screen. Any body got any idea what might be happening here?

Check back on Monday. I have requested Xara to address many of these problems as quite frankly, they are well beyond my level of expertise.

Thanks GW. This Access Violation Exception is only happening with one of my websites, and this website is only the second one I've designed with Xara. I never had a problem like this with the first website I designed, despite it being a lot bigger and possibly more prone to encountering problems with low memory

Have you optimized all photos? This can sometimes help.

But if everything else is working OK for the other sites then it sounds as if the document may have gotten corrupted somehow.

Try this, create a new document the same size, and copy and paste a few pages into the new document.

Now see if you can publish a few pages. If so then copy and paste more pages and publish again.

Hi GW, I've tried copying and pasting into a new document, but the only page I can do this with is the index page for some reason

Right, I think I've fixed the problem. I changed the page name of the page that the HTML export crashed on, and the export went ahead without problems after that. Kasteel