Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background scroll

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a background image scroll only horizontally across the top of page.
    My sample site untitled2 (attached0 scrolls horizontally and vertically?
    I just want across the full width of the browser window top on preview.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default horizontal image scroll

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a background image scroll only horizontally across the top of page.
    I just want a gradient color gif I made to go across the full width of the browser window top on preview.
    The current image scrolls horizontally and vertically. I only want horizontally.

Thanks,
    Jay

Default Re: horizontal image scroll

Check out Covoxer's Tweak Set http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...gner-7-Premium

This set of tweaks covers a range of things including what you are asking for.

The tweaks are free. Be sure to look at the readme file and there is also an HTML help file.

Default Re: Background scroll

See your other post. You have asked the same question twice. I just answered in your other thread.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Jay, Welcome to Talkgraphics!

First, I've moved your post to the Xara Web design chat forum. The gallery is for finished sites

To make an image tile horizontally to fill the browser:

1. the image has to be on the pasteboard background layer. expand the page in the page and layer gallery and click the little eye icon to unlock the pasteboard background layer and expand the mouse off layer click and drag the image down to the pasteboard layer.

2. Once the image is on the pasteboard layer make sure it's postioned how you want it and with the layer still unlocked right click the image and chose fill browser from the context menu.

3. Now relock the pasteboard background layer. That's it! when you preview the page your image should tile horizontally

Edit: I just moved this post from the other forum I didn't notice that Jay had already asked this question here. So this is my fault not his. I'll merge the threads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sorry Angelize new to Xara forum rules.

Does any one know how to make the slider images go from left to right on this site below made with Xara?

http://www.bolandhealthcare.ie/

Thanks,
    Jay

Hi,

I followed your instructions and the image repeats itself vertically as well as horizontally.
    I just want it to repeat across the header?

Thanks,
    Jay

This should be what you're after I think, still valid afaik http://xara-users.info/demos/full-wi...ader/index.htm
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

According to his profile Jaybird is using version 9 there is no need for a tweak for this in version 9. That demo was and still is useful for earlier versions.

The instructions I gave should work. I've attached a .xar file with screenshots if you preview the page you will see the repeating header goes across the full browser width.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.