Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

excellent help kman, udaman! Ü again, from the color-challenged male side: preferred jpgs are your first in the first post, and the first of the 3rd post. (and i think a blew a gasket on the pink one, the 2nd choice from the 1st post http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif)

well John,
    personaly I like the green, though I've always like green, but not so sure about the blue ontop of it. The drop shadows and the bevel on the circle I think look good and I don't beleive you should have to much problem reducing to business card size. You could take your art down to a local print shop and ask them to print you out a sample page. I know I have a very friendly printer close to home that lets me do that from time to time. Just came to me...how bout loosing the bevel on the "C" and adding a drop shadow to make it seem more part of the word "Christian". Its partly to do with personal preference. Atleast thats how I figure it.

I would suggest a font that communicated the idea of "business."

The first font to me looks like it could be mistaken for faith based technologies.

I would try some different designs altogether.
    Sheff
    My Site

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

John,

From your original bitmaps. Any one of them could work for your client. It usuially depends on thier taste. Often they will surprise you with their choices. Clients tend to choose the ones that are the artist least favorite (from my experience anyway)...

When working on a logo for a client. If I designs 7 or 8 different logo's. I end up sending the 2 best designs. Occasionally I'll send 3. If you send any more, the customer tends to make you jump through hoops with all the options, variables & or changes. It's almost as if they get finicky on you or they get confused.
    In some cases you'll get redirected on the designs, but most the time if you've done your research on what their after, the deigner can zero in on their vision pretty quick.

wW <<><
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

In my opinion, Sheffield's comment is DEAD ON correct.

Until I read his comment I DID BELIEVE this logon was a FAITH BASED organization. The word "Christian" has a strong physocological bias for many folks.

John

John

I like #1 best. The font is clear and easy to read, however, I would suggest subduing the blue just a tad to perhaps #41C841 and giving the C a hairline black outline so that it appears more like part of the word than the design.

Don
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Guys,

This logo is for John himself. It's his company. This is not for a client. He is the client.

That said, having the "C" separated from the rest of the name does nothing to convey the idea of technology.

Discussing color variations and fonts is pointless if the logo doesn't communicate what the company does.
    Sheff
    My Site

"Discussing color variations and fonts is pointless if the logo doesn't communicate what the company does." - Sheff

Does the Coca-Cola logo communicate what the company does? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif see my point?

John, that's utterly illogical. You really can't compare this logo with Coca-Cola.

First of all, the context of the coca-cola logo is intended primarily for drinks and packaging. There is no mystery when you see the coca-cola logo on the side of a cup or on a soda can.

Really Coca-Cola does two things. 1. They sell syrup. 2. They force bottlers to license logo usage from them. Both of these things are so esoteric that they don't easily lend themselves to a visual. So in their case, a stylized name is appropriate. The name Coca is derived from a plant.

However, if you were to look at John713's logo on a business card you could easily misconstrue what it is he does.

If you're still interested in the coca-cola logo, read this Coca Karma

In my opinion, if you're going to do something for yourself, it should say something about yourself or your business.

Christian could be his name or his belief system. If it is not his name, I wonder how Christ or being a Christian would help with technology. Just seeing this on his business card wouldn't tell me what it is that he does. Is he a service or does he sell hardware? Does he write software? Is he a consultant? His logo doesn't answer any of these questions.

Here is a logo I did for a client. It shouldn't be any msytery what this client does. Even if you can't exactly figure out what their service is, it should be obvious that it involves money.

http://www.sheff.com/portfolio/album...n/RossLogo.jpg
    Sheff
    My Site

Hi Sheff,

You are most correct. Coca-cola's logo does not represent their company, but does represent their product.

The problem is not in the logo but in the name. Technology Solutions by Christian would be better, or even Christian's Technology Solutions.

When I first saw it, I thought of bible thumpers too. "Technology solutions" is so ambiguous it must be a politically correct term. It could apply to anything from matches to quantum mechanics. Does Christian work with computer, then say computer consultant...

If it is a bible thumping consulting firm, throw a cross in there and clear some of the ambiguity.