Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is anybody there?

Thanks for the info but I just tried again and I'm getting a message that the number I dialed is not in service.

Well I'm sorry but you're having a problem dialling internationally because I'm in France, they're in the UK and I assure you I rang them this afternoon and they are there, on that number.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by arthart View Post
    Thanks for the info but I just tried again and I'm getting a message that the number I dialed is not in service.
    As you are calling from the US, your international access code is 011 and not 00, so the number you would have to call is:
    011 44 1442 350000

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    As you are calling from the US, your international access code is 011 and not 00, so the number you would have to call is:
    011 44 1442 350000
    Thanks, but with the help of the international operator I was able to deduce that this was the correct number. However, when I call it, I get a message saying that the number I've called is not in service.

All I can tell you is that for some inconceivable reason you're not getting the same number as me. I've just rung Xara again on that number and, since the office is now closed, I got the standard recorded message saying office hours are 9 - 5 and pointing you to xara.com and talkgraphics.com.

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

That's a heck of a lot of messing about to try and avoid buying the software.

Bite the bullet and buy another licence for the other worker. The website is quite explicit about costs and I doubt that any 'group pricing' starts at two.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

Bite the bullet and buy another licence for the other worker. The website is quite explicit about costs and I doubt that any 'group pricing' starts at two.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

I agree...

Then again, on the other side of the proverbial coin, Xara should have provided an answer by now either accommodating the request or denying it.

Which is how this thread got started in the first place. If they had just responded in a timely manner, would the thread have been started?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    If they had just responded in a timely manner, would the thread have been started?
    Quite right - a poor show on Xara's part and they missed an interesting conversation if the call had got through.

Xara really should be responding. Perhaps they already have and the response went into a spam filter.