Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Is anybody there?

I've been trying to reach Xara Support for over a week now and the only response I've received is the standard automatic response that simply acknowledges the receipt of of my ticket. The help I need is to get XWD X9 installed on another computer so that somebody else can learn Xara and start to assist me in my development and support efforts.Any response would be better than no response. Even if someone would come back and tell me how much it's going to cost me to purchase another copy of XWD X9, that would be far better than simply being ignored. What ever happened to customer service?

Default Re: Is anybody there?

Did you look at the Xara website? Depending on which version you want it appears to be 49.99-99.99. If you are going to install it on another computer for others to use, I would think you need to buy another copy. If on the other hand if it's for your own personal use you can install it on another computer. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You can install Xara on more than one computer. I am not sure what the number is but it is more than one.

You would need to buy another full license for the other party to use on another PC.
    Note: You mentioned XWD X9 in your post and in your profile you list Xara Web Designer Pro X, there is no Xara software by either of these names. Perhaps you mean Web Designer 9 Premium?

According the the EULA (Available in the Help file):

Web Designer 9 Premium END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")

You are permitted to:

1. load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com); except that you may

2. copy the Software from one computer to another under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

3. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided that person has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.

You are not permitted:

(a) to use the Software on any computer or system which permits electronic access to it by more than one user (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com);

(b) to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation except as permitted by law;

(c) except as expressly provided in this Agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.

TERM

The license is effective until you terminate it by destroying the Software and its documentation together with all copies. It will also terminate if you fail to abide by this Agreement. Upon termination you agree to destroy all copies of the Software and its documentation including any Software stored on the hard disk of any computer under your control. If you are using the trial version of the Software then any rights to use the Software or images created with it terminates with the expiration of the trial period.

OWNERSHIP

You own only any CD-ROM (or authorized replacement) upon which the Software was supplied where it was not downloaded. You may retain such CD-ROM on termination provided the Software has been erased. Xara shall at all times retain ownership of the Software as recorded on the original CD-ROM and all subsequent copies thereof regardless of form. This Agreement applies to the grant of the license only and not to the contract of sale of the CD-ROM

I (think I) understand the intent of the (a) point. It is incredibly poorly worded. Grammatically I am in violation.

Gotta love EULAs.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You would need to buy another full license for the other party to use on another PC.
    Agreed - that's standard practice. Two users, two licences. If unsure:

Contact

You can fax purchase orders to Int + (0)1442 350010. If you have any questions or need further information our sales staff will be happy to help, please select the Sales option on our contact form or phone on Int + (0)1442 350000 (Monday - Friday 9.00-5.00 GMT).
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I sit corrected.

Your problem is you're too nice!
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Agreed - that's standard practice. Two users, two licences. If unsure:
    If you have any questions or need further information our sales staff will be happy to help, please select the Sales option on our contact form or phone on Int + (0)1442 350000 (Monday - Friday 9.00-5.00 GMT).

I've tried calling this phone number but I get a message that the number is not in service. Does anyone have a better number where I can reach the Xara sales department?

Are you ringing 0044 1442 350000? That's how you ring them if you're not in the UK.

I just rang them and they're definitely there.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.