Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
Could I ask a risky question, I mean maybe that is evidence but - what can be considered as clear vector from Xara tools?
Hi csehz—

Your question seems like a simple one, but it is not! :)

Xara's EPS export filter should not be confused with Illustrator's *.AI file format. If we are talking here about exporting vectors to a Desktop Publishing programme, but your design also has bitmap things in it (bevels, extrudes, shadows, dynamic effects including all Live Effects), your export to EPS will be successful and you will have both bitmap and vector data in the exported EPS file.

Now: an EPS file (Encapsulated PostScript) can contain purely bitmap info, purely vector info, and a combination of both. But only a pure vector EPS has any possibility of being imported and opened with visual fidelity in Xara. So when you export anything to EPS from Xara, make very, very certain you have the original backed up, because a combination of design elements probably won't come back in.

Now, non-specific to this discussion is: what things are purely vector in Xara and supported by PostScript conventions? Well, as we would have it, most if not all outline and fill properties that Flash files (Shockwave, swf) require are considered valid. I created a list in the right column of the February 2012 tutorial Objects and Fills that Flash Supports that you can read if you feel like it.

Is this of some help?

My Best,

Gary