Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Web Designer 7 YouTube Widget Not Working

Great, I should've noticed that. Everything is looking good now, I appreciate all the help.

I have had the same trouble with the youtube embed code from youtube and have realized that youtube have taken out the http: from their address.
    So will xara be doing an update to fix the youtube widget in the future, I have web designer 7 premium please.....

It is fixed in version 9

I am using Xara Web Designer MX Premium 8 and created a website at the beginning of last year. It is a very big site with well over 400 pages ~ I have had to create many small websites and have linked them that way.

It is basically a lyric site for a artist and on each page of lyrics for a particular song I have a Youtube (that I created and is currently on my YouTube account) video. When I created the site, I originally used the widget and it connected to my YouTube account and so inserted the video on my website in that way. When I created a new page for a new song with lyrics using the duplicated feature, I would just click on the video in the website where it said "Widget Edit" and I was automatically taken to my YouTube account and I would choose one of my videos and added the code and it would be automatically there and I could preview the page, play the video and then once finish. I would upload my pages using a FTP client.

Well, around 5 months have past as I was very sick, I decided to try continuing on my web page. This time, when opening Xara Web Designer, I went to my last page entered, duplicated the page.. did all the renaming, tags etc.
    Then on the video I did exactly what I did 5 months ago but now when clicking "Widget EDIT" I get a message that reads....

"Can't find details of widget "YouTube".
    This could be because you're not connected to the Internet (which I am) or because the widget has been disconnected.
    Click the Help button for more information"

When I do read through it tells me to do what I was originally doing.
    Does this mean I can't have a YouTube video on my site? Because that would be very sad as it took me months to create this site this far and I am not even half way yet!!!

Sorry for being long winded, but I wanted to try give you all the information as possible. Please can someone tell me what I should do next as I am stumped and would really like to continue with my website.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,
    Greg

I have read every post on this thread and noticed some reasons why.... But the options to fix it, did not work for me...

Does this mean I would have to buy Version 9?

I just need an option. Thanks.
    Greg