Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sony RX100

Threaded View

Default Re: Sony RX100

I'm using Lightroom 5 to develop the images and convert to B&W. I like the deep blacks, which are a complete no no with colour images and then I use lightroom's tools to reveal and enhance detail in the raw file where I want it and push it back into the shadows where I didn't.
    Lightroom is great for developing otherwise bland images, you can selectively adjust the exposure on areas of the image and control noise and levels of detail at the same time.
    Sharpening results in the exaggerated texture to some extent and then adding a little sepia to warm the image, rather than leaving it pure black and white.
    As far as these two images are concerned Lightroom is the 'secret' but I don't think its doing too much more than could be done in Xara to a large extent if you know the result (look) you want to end up with, that's apart from the fact that Xara can't work with raw files.
    The second image of the dog under the bridge has an almost a HDR look too it but was just one raw file worked on to bring out the details in highlight and shadow areas to even it out somewhat.
    I've attached the start pics to show you what I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	98128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	98129  

Last edited by masque; 18 August 2013 at 01:44 PM.