Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problems publishing changes

Neil, Gary, Thank you.
    Erm... This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the xar file? And, Gary, yes you guessed it! How do I attach it?

Actually since you are using Web Designer, it's the WEB file. Save your site (File > Save As...) and give it a title. Web Designer will create a file ending with .web

If the file size is 10MB or less, Click Reply to Thread, then under the text window, click the Go Advanced button.

Scroll down to the Manage Attachments and click the button.

Click the Browse button top left and find your .web file and select it.

Then click Upload.

Click Close Window, add a short message and Post.

Be aware too that Neil and Xara are in the UK and it's about to be the weekend. So you may not hear back immediately.

Thanks for that really clear explanation, Gary. That's great!
    However, you said this is ok if the file is 10MB or less. My file is 12.8MB. What do I do with that?

Gary, actually it's ok, I've submitted a ticket to the support people with the file attached.
    Thanks very much for your help.
    Last edited by Need Help!; 26 July 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Pleasure.

Hi!
    After the support people had looked at this I thought we had resolved this problem... but then something odd happened.

Eventually, at the support peoples' suggestion we deleted everything from the web host. I re-published them and everything was fine. Both the websites worked perfectly and all the colours/backgrounds/links were correct.

I did this about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Since then, when it was working perfectly, I haven't touched the website / I haven't re-published it /updated it... I haven't done anything to it. I haven't looked at the website every day (why would I? I thought everything was working.) I looked at it today and on the English version of the site, on the About page, half of the blue background to the page is missing http://www.alpinefreedom.co.uk/about.htm

Why? How? And, what can I do to fix it?
    Presumably, re-publishing (again) might work, but then, how do I stop it from happening again?

I have also asked the support people for help, but I figured that as they work office hours I won't hear back for a while. And, I wondered if anyone here had anything similar happen to their website and if they have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
    Sara

I can verify the missing part of the background.

I would say quit while you're ahead but that would not be very helpful.

Does the page background show OK when you preview the site in Xara?

Try to republish and see if this solves the problem. At the very worst, repeat the deletion suggested by Xara tech support if this produces more problems.

Thanks for looking.
    I've re-published it and it looks like everything is as it should be. (Yes, the preview of the site in Xara was fine).
    So, for the moment, happiness reigns
    However, it randomly changed once so it may do it again?
    The web host guy said the image was probably corrupted as it was uploaded, but that doesn't explain, to me, why it was ok for a couple of weeks and then randomly altered.