Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background length

Can anyone explain why the background on the first (Home) and last page Contact) show up longer in Chrome and Safari.

In Firefox and IE they are the correct length.

Thanks for any help.

http://associatedtrades.co.uk

Edit - It just seems like the first page now.

Default Re: Background length

I just looked at your link in Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, and Safari. The page is the same size in each browser. The difference is the actual size of the browser area in each browser which is limited by the property bars at the top of the browser window.

And at any rate, unless your visitor is going to be using all or more than one browser to view your website, what difference does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I just looked at your link in Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, and Safari. The page is the same size in each browser. The difference is the actual size of the browser area in each browser which is limited by the property bars at the top of the browser window.

And at any rate, unless your visitor is going to be using all or more than one browser to view your website, what difference does it make?
    Not a lot I suppose but - I wondered why the other pages fit perfectly apart from the index page.

I see what you mean, could you either upload your .web file here, or if you don't want it shared publically send it to Xara support so they can find what is causing that.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I see what you mean, could you either upload your .web file here, or if you don't want it shared publically send it to Xara support so they can find what is causing that.
    Thanks
    Thanks for that it is bugging me a little - I would like to extend the length of the background a little on the other pages too, trying to find in 'WD help' but not worked it out yet. Wouldn't mind if I could get them all the same length.

It just seems strange I will probably submit a ticket to the support link.

Edit - I will try re-uploading it first but doubt that will work as it shows the problem in preview too.

To clarify what I see, which is not as I would expect - on the index page there is a larger area at the bottom of the page when viewed in Chrome compared to the other pages - I cannot see why at the moment, that would be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    To clarify what I see, which is not as I would expect - on the index page there is a larger area at the bottom of the page when viewed in Chrome compared to the other pages - I cannot see why at the moment, that would be like that.
    Me neither and it's annoying. In the other browsers they are equal, well apart from Safari, so it's Chrome and Safari that have the issue.

I have a copy from a week ago that wasn't live although I tested it on a dormant URL I have - I will look at that.

Just checked on this site which is dormant and saved a backup, this is about 10 days old same problem.

Link