Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • for print (your artwork will be commercially printed)

10 28.57%
  • for web

16 45.71%
  • just for fun at home

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you primarely use Xara for?
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

What do you primarely use Xara for?
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

How About all three? or all the above? Time wise/money wise?

Modify mine a bit...

If it pertains to graphics of any kind that can be used/displayed on a computer then I reach for Xara. Print, web, video, slides everything!
    John/DOT

You left out one important category: Illustration.

I used it for the web and for illustration.

Gary

I use it primarily for graphics needed in my job, very few of which are commercially printed. The output winds up in everything from newsletters to documentation to help systems to flyers to diagrams to icons to seminar registration materials to CD labels... and so on and so on.

I also use it for web graphics, but that output is just one more item in the list above.

Guess I don't fit any of your categories. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

For businesswork - Im a part-time technical translator and I use XaraX extensively to cleanup drawings I need to translate (workshop manual and the like ) where I needto white out original text and replace with translated text.Also I occasionally redraw images using the original as a tracing layer and now - with the new text editor - a fair bit of image adjustment.

For fun and occasional business use XaraX is, and probably always will be, my mainstay vector illustrating program for everything from web graphics and logos to birthday cards for the family - with occasional animations thrown in.

I just love the simplicity and efficiency of XaraX and the fact that you exercise the creative half of your brain in the program without relying on loads of preset plugins - Just so long as Gary keeps throwing tips in his excellent tutorialshttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Jim

Signmaking, Designing and Large Format Printing on a 2500mm wide solvent. Designing signs is faster in Xara than dedicated signmaking programmes, as your drawing as your thinking...not thinking how to draw. I'd like to see a much larger work area in Xara for this purpose as I like to print 1:1, so none of the Xara effects get pixelated in the scaling process of the RIP. As I type I'm printing out a 2500mm x 10000mm print.

I'm with John and Gary. I use the program for all aspects of my work. Illustration, for fun, for web and for print (hopefully soon! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif )
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I document my datanetworks at work using XaraX, and occasionally get to create other diagrams. At home, I draw anything that needs a diagram, from room layouts, plumbing diagrams, and I have been drawing Celtic knotwork on and off for years, and also nowadays I use it in conjunction with Xara3D. XaraX and Xara3D make a brilliant, fun combination!

AT WORK:
    I use it for WEB based manuals and PowerPoint presentation graphics.

I also use it for report and proposal Covers and graphics/illustrations/schematics for printed reports and proposals and posters.

AT HOME:
    Birthday cards and "sketching" home improvement projects, etc., and for general entertainment.