Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding to Xara?

Default Re: Adding to Xara?

Got it working going to try the #carousel1 and 2 now see it fit helps

<a href='#'> into <a href='whatgoeshere.htm' target='_blank'>. (all lowercase, but probably now an issue).
    _blank means "open in a new page"; use target='_top' for "replace the current page I am viewing" - exactly as Xara shows in the Open link attribute.
    Leave target out to see if that works.

I doubt yout previous #carousel1... can work as all the CSS and code expects an ID of #carousel, as I mentioned.

Acorn

Well got it working, but still playing with the carousel1 or 2, since havent got that one working yet, but i do know there is quite a few people on the forums that wanted something like this before. so hopefully this post helps other people aswel so far

thanks for all the help so far Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    <a href='#'> into <a href='whatgoeshere.htm' target='_blank'>. (all lowercase, but probably now an issue).
    _blank means "open in a new page"; use target='_top' for "replace the current page I am viewing" - exactly as Xara shows in the Open link attribute.
    Leave target out to see if that works.

I doubt yout previous #carousel1... can work as all the CSS and code expects an ID of #carousel, as I mentioned.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Southafrican View Post
    still playing with the carousel1 or 2, since havent got that one working ye
    You never will. Tthe only way it could operate is for the code to gather a collection of carousels, examine each one's parameters and render back in sequence.
    The code for this just is not there.

You need to look at http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/div.html for a similar example.
    Cycle is used by Xara already. the main site examples are here: http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/.

Acorn