Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Custom Navigation bar = pain!

OH, OK THANKS. i HAVE HAVING TROUBLE THOUGH expanding each nav bar. It won't expand to the same size as the old one. The trick to expanding and lengthening the old was to keep hitting the space bar after each word on the button. On yours, the button doesn't stretch when I hit the space bar for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Todd you can bake it any way you like it, my file just demonstrated the possibility and proof that it can do what I understood you needed.
    So use my file as a reference to rework your own

Navbar properties >> Adjust button widths to labels.

There isn't a way to just change that text color for that one button in the pages and layer galleries is there? I see the button in there, and when I expand the group and see the "Text Line" for "PRIVATE EVENT" it's in white text. Would be so nice if I could just change the color for the text and that layer right there!

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    On yours, the button doesn't stretch when I hit the space bar for some reason.

when I expand the group and see the "Text Line" for "PRIVATE EVENT" it's in white text. Would be so nice if I could just change the color for the text and that layer right there!
    Who's file are you referring to now? Mine or your own?
    Because with mine this is EXACTLY and PRECISELY what you can do, no problems at all - simples..

If you are speaking about your own file, then please attach it to your post and I'll take a look!

Hi Sledger, I was referring to my own.

Actually you're right, yours is easier to use. But, can you do me a favor and make the yellow square more like the one I'm attaching? I'm attaching the square and the color of the original nav bar the graphic designer wanted me to use. I'm trying to match the red and the colored boxes.

Who's file are you referring to now? Mine or your own?
    Because with mine this is EXACTLY and PRECISELY what you can do, no problems at all - simples..

If you are speaking about your own file, then please attach it to your post and I'll take a look!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	96519  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm pretty sure you can match those colours without any help from me. Just use the colour picker on the colour line or in the colour editor.

How do you color just that yellow box?
    I'm pretty sure you can match those colours without any help from me. Just use the colour picker on the colour line or in the colour editor.

Ctrl+Click to select the yellow rectangle..
    Or expand the group in the page and layer gallery then select the shape.

Hi Sledger,

OK when I do that "Ctrl+Click to select the yellow rectangle.." I can certainly delete the square, but there is no option to "replace" the square. I don't get the option to "replace" the current yellow square with the one I just copied or can import and replace? I still don't see how to do this. I just need that more golden square there to replace your bright yellow square. I can figure out how to color the rest of the nav bar the correct red.

Another annoying thing is when I delete your yellow square then "import" my new square, a access violation box always pops up asking me if I want to send this info to Xara? Then the program freezes up and I have to exit. I'm never gonna get that bright yellow square replaced at this rate!

Ctrl+Click to select the yellow rectangle..
    Or expand the group in the page and layer gallery then select the shape.

Update:

Sledger, here's a new copy and using your nav bar .. http://www.museum.tv/Fix/index.htm

As you can see, I still can't get the bright yellow boxes to be replaced. And and even bigger problem is, I can't get the whole thing to act as one nav bar. I can't create a soft group "because the selected objects are not compatible due to different anchoring". This is just not working at all for some reason.