Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A couple things

Default A couple things

One: Sometimes when selecting objects off of the page the mouse goes way beyond what I intended to select. I have to go back to full page view to get back where I was. Very annoying.

Two: I'd like to have the option to easily be able to separate the shadow from an object, making it its own discrete object. In that same vein, I'd also like some other options with regard to shadow transparency, making it like regular transparency(i.e. lighten,darken, stained glass, etc.)

The reason I want to be able to separate the shadow is that often times, the perspective is wrong on the cast shadow. This can be easily rectified if the shadow became editable.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: A couple things

Sheff--yes, once a mouse hits the window edge, it can scoot fast.

The shadow thing. Select the object with the shadow, convert to editable shapes, ungroup.

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: A couple things

I often create my own vector shadows to get the control that I need. But yes +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.