Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: List in a vertical scrolling box

Thanks James!

Much appreciated

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    @ Skech, Acorns solution uses the new undocumented feature in v9 to add classes to an object htmlclass=myclassname

@SteveP, IE8 and below doesn't support round corners, so it might be better to place a round edge rectangle behind your text box so that it looks as intended on all browsers.
    I had made a tutorial on scrolling text box a couple of years ago if you need more info http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...xt-box-in-Xara

Hi again James

Thanks for the scrolling box stuff - it's mostly working fine. I have one glitch in that my text list is long... very long, and although I guess it shouldn't make any difference, the scrolling box isn't showing all the text as I scroll down. I haven't launched the site yet, so there nothing for me to point you to. Wondered if I might email you something that would allow you to review what I've done? I think I'm 99% there, but I suspect it's 'user error'

Thanks

Steve

@ Skech, Acorns solution uses the new undocumented feature in v9 to add classes to an object htmlclass=myclassname

@SteveP, IE8 and below doesn't support round corners, so it might be better to place a round edge rectangle behind your text box so that it looks as intended on all browsers.
    I had made a tutorial on scrolling text box a couple of years ago if you need more info http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...xt-box-in-Xara

Hi Steve, I suspect its one of two things.
    With the text box selected change to the text tool, you will see red drag handles drag them down so that all of the text is in the box.
    If the text box is longer than the page make sure you have "clip to page edges" unchecked in website page options.

Hi James

Thanks. I can't see red drag handles but I can see a red arrow to the right of the text box. Can't figure out how to drag it though.

Steve

Hi Steve, I suspect its one of two things.
    With the text box selected change to the text tool, you will see red drag handles drag them down so that all of the text is in the box.
    If the text box is longer than the page make sure you have "clip to page edges" unchecked in website page options.

Hi Steve, I don't have wd9 so I can't check... but I am sure the text tool hasn't changed. If you make a new text box can you see them then? Maybe try on a new blank document. Can you attach a screen shot?

Hi James

Thanks for your patience. I'm normally pretty good at solving these sorts of issues, but this one is sending me bald

I've attached two screen grabs.

001 - what it looks like in WD9 Premium
    002 - what it looks like in a browser

To add to my frustration, I can't seem to replicate ANY handles or even red arrows now.

Does any of this help? Is there anything else I can send you?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, I don't have wd9 so I can't check... but I am sure the text tool hasn't changed. If you make a new text box can you see them then? Maybe try on a new blank document. Can you attach a screen shot?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab001.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	96097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab002.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	96098  

Steve, in screenshot no.1 is the text box selected and the text tool active?

Thanks James

Ooops,... my error - see attached screenshot - 003 - with text tool selected. Note no 'handles' but a downward 'red arrow' (that I can't seem to do anything with)

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab003.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	96103  

The handles seem to be pink on your screenshot they are the small pink squares at each corner of the text box. The red arrow means that the text box needs to be enlarged. You can enlarge it by dragging one of the bottom pink squares down until the red arrow no longer shows

Hi James

We're getting there!

I've now enlarged the box by stretching it, but because the list is sooooo long it reached the bottom of the designed page and the red arrow still shows. I can't expand it any more downwards as there's just no room.

Off for a paracetamol now Think I'll give it a break tonight - thanks James for your help so far. I'll pick it up tomorrow