Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Should I Use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer or Xara Web Designer 9 Premium

I Purchased these both today... I really need some outside input on which would be better for my web design needs. I have one site up and running and 7 to start and get launched. I Love doing this type of thing and really want to make the right decision. I am thinking I am going to just stick with Web designer 9. Help anyone?
    Last edited by cullman102; 01 May 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Should I Use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer or Xara Web Designer 9 Premium

Hello Cullman102, Welcome to Talkgraphics

Which program you will want to use will really depend on what you want to do. Web designer 9 premium will give you the most up to date web design features but it does not have all of the illustration features of either Photo and Graphic Designer or Designer Pro.

If you are just doing web design WD9P will be more than adequate but if you are doing illustration P&GD has features such as Opacity masks, a vector eraser (new in version 8) that you may find helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Should I Use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer or Xara Web Designer 9 Premium

Well I think what I am going to do is get Pro X Because I do need to be able to edit and create P&GD illistrations

Do you have too much money and need to keep buying similar software?

Xara has trials that allow you to decide which is best for you. Don't go buying software on a whim.

You might want to get your money back on the software you don't wish to continue with.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

First anything created in Photo and Graphic Designer can be edited in Photo and graphic Designer. However if you want all webdesign features and all available illustration features in one program and upgrading to Designer pro is what you want, you may want to wait as going by previous year's releases a new version of Designer Pro could be coming soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.