Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New version of Web Designer soon?

Those of you who receive the Xara Outsider emails may have noticed this line in the opening section?

Finally, web designers among you might want to keep a closer than usual eye on our news page, twitter feed or Facebook page in the coming weeks...
    What do you think this could mean!?

Default Re: New version of Web Designer soon?

If there is a new version on the way, what would you like to see in it?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Those of you who receive the Xara Outsider emails may have noticed this line in the opening section?

What do you think this could mean!?

i'd really like to get some info on new features since i use xara quite a lot.

bb,

fly

Agreed. I like Xara Web a lot, but it's missing a lot of necessary features that are only inadequately served (in my opinion) by widgets. For example, I'd love to see native forms...and the list goes on

I was surprised to try WYSIWYG 8 and the number of features it has compared to XWD. That said, their graphics capability sucks compared to Xara...again, in my opinion.

RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

Xara as a rule does not reveal new features until a product is released. So we're all going to have to wait for the next release to see what additions and features are included.

Web Designer MX was released around this time last year and so I suspect the hint in the Outsider (the Xara e-Newsletter) presages the next release.

It's too bad they don't share more with the user base ahead of time! Either way, I'll be ready to upgrade immediately. In the six months I've been using XWD, I've really grown to like it.

In view of the Out Of Memory errors we see fairly regularly posted on both forums, I'd think a 64bit version would make sense. The majority of new PCs have 64bit Windows installations, a 64bit version will be able to access more than 4Gb ram which will make building larger sites with lots of photos embedded much more stable ..

+1 on that
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I'm hoping that the next version does a better job of supporting iPhones and smart phones. Many of the websites developed in the last year or so using other platforms automatically re-size to fit the display window of the device they are being rendered on. All of my websites that I've done in xara just show the top left corner of the page. Am I doing something wrong or am I not doing something I need to do to make my websites more mobile friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    In view of the Out Of Memory errors we see fairly regularly posted on both forums, I'd think a 64bit version would make sense.
    That would be good. Weren't parts originally written in assembly language though? If so, I wonder if they've since been converted to C or some variant?