Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Frustrating Product Limitatations? Backgropund Image and Frame Sizing

"the background image is just that a background image - the border is a border for the text which is why it defaulted to the text, and why you can't get it to apply to the background since its part of the foreground... simple eh?"

No. It can act independently of the text. Just not independently enough, and in a non-intuitive way

"in what way do they do this? 'haywire' is not a very helpful terminology... "

Try it on two of your nine monitors, with one of them set at a different resolution. Perfectly aligned text, background and borders are completely misaligned when dragging the product's main window from one monitor to another.

Better yet, don't bother answering if you don't have as much experience with the product as I do. I have been using it for two days.

Default Re: Frustrating Product Limitatations? Backgropund Image and Frame Sizing

Quote Originally Posted by dxthomas View Post
    "the background image is just that a background image - the border is a border for the text which is why it defaulted to the text, and why you can't get it to apply to the background since its part of the foreground... simple eh?"

No. It can act independently of the text. Just not independently enough, and in a non-intuitive way
    read again what I said ... of course the background texture and foreground elements can act independently - but as they are indeed totally independent, you cannot constrain the background within a foreground element - this is not 'non-intuitive' it just isn't what you seem to want/expect ..

"in what way do they do this? 'haywire' is not a very helpful terminology... "

Try it on two of your nine monitors, with one of them set at a different resolution. Perfectly aligned text, background and borders are completely misaligned when dragging the product's main window from one monitor to another.
    to be honest, I don't see a problem here, unless as steve [sledger] mentioned you have windows scaling differences.. and that's outside of xara's control...

I have been using it for two days.
    that's probably long enough to start to see where the program meets your requirements and where it doesn't...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

but you can make the border solid and apply a ['board'] texture to it - perhaps that it what you would like?

[edit: - see I downloaded a trial of the latest version just for you -- not much real difference as far as I can see to the core functionality...]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texture x3d7.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	95099  
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 March 2013 at 10:49 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...