Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Colour wrapping site

Thanks Trukkerz. As for the flash I also have the same version here and it works fine.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    hi i dont know wether its just me but the flash on the homepage doesnt work in chrome Version 24.0.1312.52 m - tried it in maxthon and works fine but no go in chrome ????

nice and well thought out site - thanks for sharing - ur always an inspiration :-)
    Same happened for me, it was AD-BLOCK for Chrome that I have installed which stopped it.
    (Normally AD-BLOCK doesn't block flash, perhaps AD-BLOCK blocks anything from snacktools?)
    I disabled AD-BLOCK for that site and the flash ran.

Thanks Steve. I plus some other users of snacktools have made them aware of this and they have assured me that they are sorting things out their side, I have an ad blocker as well but it still shows the flash so it may well be just that particular ad blocker.

Very nice site Sketch (as are many of those I've seen you create). I would like to know how you get the site to stretch over the whole screen width. I'm still very new to using the design software and I have yet to figure that out. I tend to get confused when I do searches in the help section and don't really find what it is I'm looking for.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, the background is actually quite easy, firstly look at this image, it is the one created for the background for another one of my sites:

http://www.windowtintinginbradford.c...tm_files/0.png

The first thing to do is work out the different sections of the page, as you can see in this one I have a dark header area, then a light grey body area and then a dark area for the footer, I create these on the page itself at the full width of the page and then correct length, then resize the width to 16px (make sure that there is no outline on any of the rectangles and that they are all whole pixels, not 16.3px etc.

Also make sure that the rectangles are aligned correctly and group them, then export this as a png, then import the png onto the page and delete. Then go to the bitmap library and select the png and click the 'Background' text and that's it. You can creat separate pngs and resize as you need on the other pages.

Hopefully that is clear.

loving this site, modern, bright, flashy without being flash.....seriously cool.

There is always something though and I hope you can take this in the spirit intended.
    IMHO....The font you are using for 'NEW YEAR 2013 SALE NOW ON' detracts from the rest of the page, I know its suppose to grab you and with that purpose it works, so can it really be faulted?!? ........... revisiting the site I found the little arrow that hides the sale info, a very neat trick which I like a lot, with this feature the sites visual appeal for me is almost bang on, an improvement for me would be to remove the green line that is left when the sale arrow retracts the NEW YEAR 2013 SALE NOW ON info, if it were black or white it would look better and give the user what they want.... ie put the slogan out of site and mind.

I want to punt that cookie control into next week (i know its a cross we have to wear) new guidelines may make this easier than first thought though.. video here (I am sure you already know this, but might be handy for others)

I would rate the site very highly and have bookmarked it as an excellent example of xara design...................well done

I know what i like and i like this.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

thank again for the kind words, yes the font used could do with matching the site and I will go back to it and have a look with some other fonts. As for the green line, I tried just having the black and somehow it did not seem better, but I may go and try a grey colour, I still want there to be something to 'bookend' the site so will try a few different colours. As for the cookie control, I really want to see what some of the other sites are doing before making any major changes, but I might be able to put the cookie warning in the top pop-up bar (new year sale) so again will try that.

Thanks for your feedback.