Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Help!
    i am a little stuck and I wonder if,once again, I could call upon you experts. I purchased the software a month or two ago and got myself in a bit of a state thinking it was really complicated. well I suppose it can get as complicated as i want/need it to be.
    Anyway to my question. I am trying to make my home page,and the rest of my site, rather simple and minimalist. All i want to do at this stage is to have a series of thumbnails that when i scroll over them go dark and display an image gallery name. when clicked upon they take you to the gallery. I have tried all sorts!
    Currently i am using a pre-defined template on the behance/prosite website.

http://www.timclinchphotography.com/

If you have a look at the above link that is what i am roughly trying to recreate.

Hope you can help.

Default Re: Help!

You can create the going dark with text on a mouse over layer. Then select the color and dark images and create a soft group (Arrange > Create Soft Group) then link the soft group. I did something similar with this site www.PlacitasArtists.com

The mouse down image has been edited to remove about 90% of the saturation.

Here's how I'd do it Ian. See attachment.

This uses a black rectangle with a 20% transparency on the mouse over layer. This avoids the need to alter every image.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Would be really neat if we could have a timeline on each page in Xara that would allow us to animate when an image fades in like the example posted. I know I may be using the wrong application for that but it seems like it would be a good fit. HTML5 and all. . .

Wow! Well thanks for your replies and Egg Bramhill thanks for the file. I have to say I have no idea how you did it as when I look at web properties "mouse over" says Do Nothing. I have lots to learn but I will get there.