Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xara Designer 13 launches oddly

I had same problem on XP a couple of years back, the solution then was to make sure window was not maximised, then to drag the bottom right corner to the correct position and then maximise. Close program and re-open. This made it stick to where it should be. I had a look on line for you as i have never used windows 7 and found this which may be the solution for you?

To turn off Aero snap:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Type snap into the search box.
    3. When Turn off Automatic Window Arrangement comes up, click it.
    4. Check the [ ] next to Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.
    I'm not confident that this will solve your problem, but keeping fingers crossed.
    Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do, exactly? In re-reading your original post, I am wondering if you're not using the term "Maximized" as expected.
    Normally, when a window is on screen, and doesn't cover the entire screen, that's considered a normal windowed view, sometimes called "Restored". Maximized", by contrast, is when the window covers the entire screen.
    Are you saying a window Restores off screen? If so, it may be that the coordinates of the window have been stored improperly (I've seen this happen before). There's a way to "get hold" of those windows, and move them back on-screen. To do so, try this:
    1. Restore the window you want to see (e.g., by clicking on it on the Taskbar).
    2. Press these keys: Hold down Alt and press the space bar once.
    3. Now press the M key (for "Move").
    4. Now move your mouse. You should see a 4-way arrow cursor.
    5. Now press any of the arrow keys on your keyboard, and you will find you have hold of the window and can move it anywhere you like.
    6. Close the window and it should remember where you left it for next time.

hope it helps
    Last edited by TXAlba; 03 February 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: oops
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980