Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help with a tif image.... cannot import to XARA XTREME 4 or Webstyle

Hi there - I use Xara Webstyle and Xara Xtreme 4.

I´ve desigend a logo for my own band and a friend of mine did a revised logo. He e-mail me the revised logo as a tif image. Problem - I cannot import the file into XARA. It does look different and I´m not able to edit. I use to work with png or ai images to add live grafix such as chrome for excample. Anyone able to change that image to a png or ai image?

I´ve attached the tif image

many thanks for your help in advance

M&BP_Logo_blackwhite.tif

all the best from germany

Marty

Default Re: Need help with a tif image.... cannot import to XARA XTREME 4 or Webstyle

.TIFF and .PNG are both 'raster images' (bitmaps) while .ai is vector.

If you want to edit this tif as vector shapes, you're going to have to trace it first (like you would a PNG or other bitmap types).

Default Re: Need help with a tif image.... cannot import to XARA XTREME 4 or Webstyle

how can I trace a image?

Hi

you can trace round it with a pen/shape tool or use the bitmap tracer - either way you will not get 'text', but it will be editable shape[s]

looking at your tif it does come into xara a bit unhelpfully, so as its new year and it would take awhile to explain how its done in this case..... try the attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

its a bit jagged round the edges if zoom in - but to get it smoother you'd need to hand trace around the letters and, hey it would likely be quicker just to redo it [assuming you have the font, if it was done with a font]

many thanks, handrawn! Very helpful! Yes, I think it would be good idea if redo it!

I renamed the file: just added another "t" at the end and it opened.

"tiff" instead of "tif".

Maybe that was the problem.

oh it opens - just doesn't open 'cleanly' on account of it being a layer tiff that xara does not support therefore a rather chaotic flattened image is the result...
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 January 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: kayotic typos