Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default creating brushes

Just wanted some advice for creating a certain type of brush. I have created other brushes with a single object that repeats as I draw but now I want to create a brush that has different objects in the string that I want to repeat without putting the same two objects together. What I have is 6 different colored lights attached by a green wire that I want to string on a christmas tree. So what I've done is line up the objects go to create brush name the brush and then try to use the brush but everything goes turvey when I actually try to use the brush. I've tried everything I know(very little) to get this to work but I can't. As I've said I have created other brushes but not trying to tie together several different objects. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: creating brushes

What do you mean "every thing goes turvey"?
    Can you be more specific on what happens.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just a guess, Manny, but try selecting all of the brush elements and group them before naming the brush.
    ~Fred

Just so you know, a brush can have 50 elements. You can get an image to appear to flow along a path by filling it into elements, and use transparency and adjust spacing. Something for another day. There is a size limitation. I don't remember what it is, but you may see it. It is possible to convert the line to a shape and release the elements.

Rich

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Are you asking about creating brushes with a Xara product? If so then the Xara graphics chat area is the best place to ask about this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I've decided to have a go at Designer 7. I'm tired of Serif PhotoPlus crashing and using two programs to get anything done, Photo and Draw.
    My problem is that it seems impossible to edit the fill to get a seamless fill effect, rather than the tiled look.
    In Serif Draw the Swatch/fill stretches and you have the pattern map to alters the scale to give a seamless fill.
    The brushes can be edited via the 'Stroke Brush Effect' tool, the 'simple' effect giving a continues smooth line.
    Any new brushes are permanetly linked to a folder of choice to be used at will.

Is there an idiot proof way to perform these tasks in Designer 7?

The twenty plus brushes that I made had disappeared when I'd re-opened the program. Can you put brushes in a permanent folder to be used like default brushes, rather than having to keep loading them for every new start-up? I tied to do this and failed miserably.

Is there some plug-in to edit brushes?

Idiot questions for the initiated but I do believe that Xara are a little behind in the 'ease of use' category. Just getting started!!