Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: avi settings

Default avi settings

Hi
    What's the best avi setting when exporting an animation? I've found problems with both uncompressed and Microsoft Video 1, with Xara not responding.
    Thanks, Colin

Default Re: avi settings

Hi,
    Download the k-Lite codec pack (in either 64Bit or 32Bit) version. I find that the Cinepac Radious give very good results.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi Jim
    Many thanks for your rapid reply. I tried Cinepac but unfortunately had the same result - Xara not responding. I'm at a loss to know what's wrong as I've previously exported to avi with no problems, usually uncompressed or Microsoft Video (which I believe is the default). Suddenly nothing seems to work.
    Colin

Hi,
    Did you run installers as "Run as administrator'? Sometimes also you need a cold reboot to register the new codecs..
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi Jim
    Sorry, I didn't understand much of that - do I have to install codecs independently? I assumed Xara would be taking care of that on exporting.
    I use the converted animations (avi's) in creating small special effects movie projects. Up until yesterday I had no problem with exporting to avi from Xara (Designer Pro 7). I had invariably used 'uncompressed' (assuming it to be the best quality - from its name) but suddenly I seem to be hitting the buffers with the programme hanging for ever.
    Apologies for being so dumb on the technicalities!
    Thanks again, Colin

Hi,
    The K-lite codec pack install quite a few codecs, whether a program utilizes them all is dependent on the operating system I believe. There is a 32 bit and a 64Bit versions, also full install or just a selected few. I run a 64bit system but I have both the 32bit and 64 bit versions installed.
    Jim

Many thanks for your help and patience, Jim
    Colin

Your Welcome! Hope I helped...
    Jim

I think this conversation should be in the Web Design Chat. So I am moving it.