Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: button animation rotating text one side picture the other

hello Fellows, sorry I had not replied to this thread, after everybody did a few comments I forgot about it as I had computer problems, I can make you check another one that I left a message for yesterday and saw that there has been many postings to the reply.
    Your work looks most impressive, I'll have to try it, I'll have to read through the whole thread again to see how it was done ideal work on this disc/circle whatever you want to call it is very good and exactly what I need.
    There are some very some very wonderful helpers on here, I probably only touch the surface of what the software can do.
    There is another one that does similar stuff but I found it a bit hard to use, so will stick with this program.
    The only other thing on having problem with this text, if you make a button or something with a picture and you want to put text on it is a matter what I do it seems to be too big and covers the picture.
    Anyway thank you for the information and your impressive button. Regards Mark

hello there again, I just saw your button with the text on one side and graphic on the other, very impressive I love to be able to do something like that, as I do set a few minutes ago when I saw the other emoticon the boys are very impressive at doing on this sort of stuff.
    With regards to the text on the back, did you actually write that all was a graphic?
    Thank you very much everybody for the input is very much appreciated regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Writing a tutorial takes much more time than than it does to experiment and find a way to do something. The attached .pdf is the tutorial, I hope it explains things clearly.
    Hello again, sorry for the late reply, I got as far as I think the third step where you have two ovals and also the word hello blocked and finished sitting inside one of the ovals. Everything works up until that stage.

Also when I open up 3-D make a 7 it opens up with the movie cinema text and scrolling, what is the best way to fix that up to start from scratch as I try different things which don't seem to work. Must be something I missing which is very simple I really want to try and make my 3-D graphics like you have and others in the forum, the circle looks fantastic that somebody made.
    It took a long while to get back in as I been in hospital are broken vertebrae in my back, anyway decide that thank you all for the help, if we can just get further in and sort where I'm going wrong,
    regards Mark

the circle will your wolf will truly great, would love to do something like that, having trouble at the moment getting started with PDF which has been made. I've got through the first three steps, but having a problem at the moment after that. If it can be sent as a Zara image x3d I could try and play around with that as I did some months ago when I tried to get a rotating heart by itself and in the text surrounding either side to stay still.
    Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

I followed the instruction within the pdf file I posted before. I notice that I forgot to mention a step. When you click the OK button in the Text Options dialog to return to the main window of Xara 3D the Oval will not look as shown in my screen capture. It will look like the attached image. Use the Shift+Ctrl+Home keyboard shortcut to realign to a full face view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d-oval.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	92668  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Mark,

I followed the instruction within the pdf file I posted before. I notice that I forgot to mention a step. When you click the OK button in the Text Options dialog to return to the main window of Xara 3D the Oval will not look as shown in my screen capture. It will look like the attached image. Use the Shift+Ctrl+Home keyboard shortcut to realign to a full face view.
    thank you very much I will give it a go regards Mark

Hi Mark,

hello there, I did as follows, got the screen the same as yours and fixed up the other error, but there was no text in the middle, I went back one step and the text is there selected underneath the block area. The only difference was in the next step in with the opposite way around to yours the green colour bit at the bottom of the Oval was at the top, but that end up being full-screen after the keyboard shortcut, but there is no text after that with regard to the next step in your PDF so that know what happened regards Mark

Mark I PM'd you about this. Here is my result and file. There is still something wrong or it wouldn't jump like that. All I can say at this point is that although this works it wouldn't be my preferred method.
    I have no idea where the still jpg came from or how to get rid of it.

for wheels. 2.X3D

Name:  for wheels.gif
Views: 314
Size:  905.0 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for wheels.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	92699  
    Last edited by wizard509; 17 October 2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: still jpg
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.