Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help setting up an ebook download in exchange for an email contact info

Hi everyone, I need help in setting up a website that will allow a download of an ebook in exchange for a viewer's email contact information. I've built several Xara websites but haven't run acrosss this before and I don't see how to make it happen.
    Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Help setting up an ebook download in exchange for an email contact info

Hello Gypsea,

I have moved this to the Xara Web Design forum, as you will get the answers you need much faster here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Help setting up an ebook download in exchange for an email contact info

hi the way i would do this is to put a form on the website for the user to input his/her details then after they click submit the form would be directed to a thank you page where you could put a link for the ebook download.

coffeecup form builder would work for this - sorry not used any other

cheerz

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    hi the way i would do this is to put a form on the website for the user to input his/her details then after they click submit the form would be directed to a thank you page where you could put a link for the ebook download.

coffeecup form builder would work for this - sorry not used any other

cheerz
    In order for this to work the web server needs to process the form data. I think Gypsea should specify what programming languages the web server can handle.

There are also 3rd party solutions out there that will handle the subscription form and give the download link to the ebook once the visitor confirms his/her email address.

Hi everyone, Thank you for the great suggestions. I've taken your advice and looked at one of Xara widgets, JotForm which I can set up for the visitor's name and email address and use their auto responder to say thank you and provide the link for the download. JotForm suggested using a web page for the auto responder as the thank you and download site.

Thank you to everyone here on Talk Graphics!