Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I'm sitting here with X1 open trying to come up with a nice fathers day graphic for a card for my father-in-law, and can't come up with an idea.

Anyone out there with any ideas on fathers day? Samples would be great.

I know that this isn't a pure X1 thread, but you people are the ones that I turn to for graphics advice.

Thanks
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I'm sitting here with X1 open trying to come up with a nice fathers day graphic for a card for my father-in-law, and can't come up with an idea.

Anyone out there with any ideas on fathers day? Samples would be great.

I know that this isn't a pure X1 thread, but you people are the ones that I turn to for graphics advice.

Thanks
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "It is better to sit in a room and be considered a complete idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." My Dad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your dad must have been a ghost writer for Mark Twain :-)

Not sure if I can help with the graphic but as long as we are onto quotes, this was from a valentine from Buggs Bunny to Elmer Fudd. (If your father-in-law is bald it just might be appropriate)

Hair and brains
    You have not got
    But never have no fears
    You're the only walking doornob...
    With ears.

On second thought...

When all else fails, why not do a nice type treatment with your father-in-laws name? Seeing his name in type might be a treat.

Gary

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Eric,

How about a nice picture of your wife. Daddy's always love pictures of there little girls.
    John/DOT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnR:
    Hi Eric,

How about a nice picture of your wife. Daddy's always love pictures of there little girls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... but my wife doesn't like pictures of herself....better not to tempt fate.
    My Club. My Album.

How about a caractature then? It is not a picture...
    John/DOT

This is what I came up with in case anyone is interested.

My father-in-law is visiting me from Germany, and has helped me with a lot of work around the house (painting, putting up shelves, etc). So this card lets him know I am thankful.

I know it isn't quite professional grade, but then I'm not really a professional.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fathers_day.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	17524  
    My Club. My Album.

And the .xar file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Club. My Album.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Eric - I'm not sure what the card says but, given what you've said about it, I'm sure your father-in-law will love it. Far better than going to the store and buying one.

Regards, Ross