Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: activex problem

Default activex problem

Hi there
    I am using Web designer premium 7.
    When I close the programme it gives message to say that there is a missing Windows component. I follow the link and it says that I need Flash Shockwave Activex.
    I have tried re installing the latest version of flash but that makes no difference.
    I am using a placeholder to run a flash ( swf ) file. It works in Firefox and Chrome but not in Internet Explorer. It has previously worked in all programmes. I have checked the security section of ie9 and have activex enabled.
    I have also tried uninstalling WD7 ( repair ) and it makes no difference.
    I have previously made dozens of similar pages in Xara...
    Can anyone help. It would be much appreciated.

Default Re: activex problem

solved
    I found the answer - eventually -
    had to uninstall existing Flash player using Adobe's uninstaller ( I had used ccleaner )
    Then when downloading Flash I chose the version for Internet Explorer and it worked.
    But.. there's always a but.. this meant that I couldn't use Flash in Firefox so had to re install the Firefox Flash plugin.
    Hope someone finds this useful

Ain't technology swell?

Glad you got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ain't technology swell?

Glad you got it sorted.
    Gary, yes technology is swell, as you put it. I have been fascinated by it since the late seventies; the cause of many headaches outweighed by moments of elation. Not to mention the complete change of working practice as a designer ( now retired )
    I searched for an answer all over the place and found the same problem in lots of places but no answers - apart from lots of dubious offers of an instant fix if only I bought the latest gizmo.
    Having found the answer - Poirot would be proud of me - I thought that others might find this forum in their search, hence my own reply.