Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Intersect tool

Default Intersect tool

Where is the intersect tool?? I've followed the instruction in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_PQjEgiwU) to make the background stretch horizontally across the page, but I can't seem to find the intersect tool. If I press Ctrl 3 it just joins the two shapes! I've seen in other posts that its under the 'Arrange' menu, but its not there.
    I'm fairly new to this so please be gentle with me! :-)

Default Re: Intersect tool

If its not in the arrange menu [under combine shapes], then the program that you are using does not have it, this applies I think to the web-only oriented versions
    Last edited by handrawn; 14 August 2012 at 06:57 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If you are using the basic web designer program it doesn't have the combine shapes functions, which includes intersect, but there is another way Once you get to the point where you have the imported bitmap with the white border just double click it to activate the photo tools and crop it then do the export re import again.
    Last edited by angelize; 14 August 2012 at 11:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

We try to be gentle with new members.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    If its not in the arrange menu [under combine shapes], then the program that you are using does not have it, this applies I think to the web-only oriented versions
    I'm using Web Designer 7, but I've just had a response back from my comment on the YouTube video and the Intersect tool is available in Premium! I should have realised coz it says so in the title of the video! Hey ho.. always learning!

Thanks so much for your response.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

but I've just had a response back from my comment on the YouTube video and the Intersect tool is available in Premium!
    Exactly what I said Welcome to Talkgraphics by the way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.