Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Never mind the Apostrophe... This time...

Frances--what browser are you using? In some/most browsers you can add languages. I have both Opera and Firefox set to use both US English and GB English. Because I help out on primarily US and UK sites, I hate the little red squiggles under words when I quote when they are not misspelled.

Not to say I still do not make my own mistakes, nor that others do not, but it does at least eliminate words that are not misspelled.

Take care, Mike

Thanks for the link Rik, gave me a chuckle. I too am surprised how many of them are professionally printed or written; like you said, you'd expect someone to check things like spelling. These remind me of the 'Sign language' section on The Telegraph website, that has all sorts of funny/bizarre signs. My favourite was one that said "Warning - this sign has sharp edges".

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

That's a good link as well, Su.
    I looked around and the ones I found funny are the ones with non-English translated into English.
    You can't always translate things literally, from one language to another!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone