Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to do this? Sorry cant think of what its called.

No one's getting ripped Mike, Gary was showing how the original was constructed

Mike is right though as far as using other people's images. That is not cool, but as Drwyd so astutely observed, I was showing the actual bitmap that xtom (TG member, by the way) has used.

I dont support there is a video or something as I cant get it to work?
    Can you tell us the steps you are doing and also what Xara product and version you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    No one's getting ripped Mike, Gary was showing how the original was constructed
    The image Gary used is the image from the xTom web site. And I know he is a member here.

When it comes down to it, Gary wasn't showing how the image was created, nor a method of creating it. Just the image itself.

If the image was created in Xara, likely it started life as 7 rectangles with 3 of them a lighter blue, two narrow ones in a darker blue, one white section and a blue graduated section. Then again, it might have been made in anything. That would be a "How it's Made."

Take care, Mike

Maybe "constructed" was the wrong word to use What I was trying to convey is that its use was as an example of how the bitmap should appear. Not as an encouragement to steal

Yeah, I know from past reading that no one here is advocating out and out theft.

@Cheshamweb

Attached is an XAR file. There is transparency applied to the left "building blocks" of what is basically a long rectangle. On the right is a bitmap copy, which would be what is used for the background tile. Click on the pieces to the left. See what is needed to recreate a similar effect.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Yeah, I know from past reading that no one here is advocating out and out theft.

@Cheshamweb

Attached is an XAR file. There is transparency applied to the left "building blocks" of what is basically a long rectangle. On the right is a bitmap copy, which would be what is used for the background tile. Click on the pieces to the left. See what is needed to recreate a similar effect.

Take care, Mike
    Thanks for that, will take a look later. I only wish to know so I can do my own web pages that stretch.