Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Column chart widget (theme2) behavior in popup layer

I have 3 buttons liked to popup layers. In one of the layer I have place column chart widget (theme2) along with some text.
    all popup layers have transition effect 'Fade'.

Now on preview, when I click the button, the chart did not behave in animated way Why?

If just place this chart on page, on page enter, it behavior is animated.

After few exports and trying ...this chart is not even getting displayed on button click. why? What is getting messed up? though it not animating, atleast it was getting displayed before this...now it is not.
    Last edited by EssKay; 29 June 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Default Re: Column chart widget (theme2) behavior in popup layer

Any clue on why charts (Theme2) behave differently in popup layer?

Hi EssKay, we may need to see a file

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi EssKay, we may need to see a file
    Please look @ ope-corp.com, -->Business Intelligence --> BI strategy

check this,

.web or .xar file

.web or .xar file
    I am attaching two pages of website and noticed couple more issues
    opencorp2tes1.7z
    If you place smae chart on page 1, chart on popup layer linkedto BI strategy button does not show up, when you go from pag1 to page2.

Your pop-ups seem to be working OK. If you are looking for the animated bars then it may be they animate on page load before the layer is made visible.

If you place smae chart on page 1, chart on popup layer linkedto BI strategy button does not show up, when you go from pag1 to page2.
    Not sure I understand you.

Your pop-ups seem to be working OK. If you are looking for the animated bars then it may be they animate on page load before the layer is made visible.

Not sure I understand you.
    Yes...you are right animated bars. How can we check see if it is on page load

Good question, the answer would be somewhere in the Javascript. Not my strong point.

I submitted this as bug and Xara has accepted it. They have provide me a workaround for this issue:

insert the Chart widget on the second page in the document. Call this page chart or something similar.

Ensure that you make the page size the same size as the chart widget - this is important.

Then where you want the chart to display on the pop-up insert insert a placeholder containing code for an iframe that links to the page chart.htm - make Layer 3 visible in the attachewd file, click the rectangle and go to Utilities -> Web Properties -> Placeholder tab and click HTML Code (body) to view the code to insert.

Once you've done this preview your site - not just the page, and it should work in a similar way to the attached example.

How to insert a place holder as mentioned in the text. When I navigated to Utilities -> Web Properties -> Placeholder tab everything was diabled, not able to click HTML Code (body) to view the code to insert. Why???[/