Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about an embeded image

I have a piece that we are doing for a client and it has an image embedded in it. Everything looks great until I export to PDF and then I get this. I haven't a clue what is causing this. I did something that I normally don't do. I imported their artwork which was a PSD file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-07-03 at 6.26.33 PM.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	90689

Default Re: Question about an embeded image

It was produced as a CMYK .psd file and when you export as PDF D Pro gets confused. Xara uses an RGB colour profile exactly as you see on the screen and when using the PDF export filter it renders all vector and text areas as CMYK but leaves any bitmaps as RGB letting the printing engine to RIP the RGB info out and convert to CMYK. If you have a copy of Adobe's Acro Pro you can use that to edit the bitmaps after expor or if you have a bitmap editor it can convert the .psd file back to RGB from CMYK and import it as a .png or .tiff. You can also use D Pro X to convert it to .tiff in a different page to make it easier for yourself.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Question about an embeded image

Using the PDFX profile (Commercial Printing, 300 dpi images) option produces--actually forces--everything including images of all types to CMYK. There will be zero RGB color content.

Screen shot is of a PDFX out of Xara (DPX in this case). Image on left is a 16-bit TIFF, on right is a PSD version. Both are CMYK color images.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	90692