Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
Please don't look for standard and familiar HTML Editor functions in Xara Web Designer, they aren't there. Web Designer is not a HTML editor.

Why don't you post the URL to your current FP built site, that way we can see how the *new feature* (the 'Import text and graphics from web) works for you, ok?

http://outsider.xara.com/tutorials/march12/page5.htm
Thanks for that. Loads to read here.Yes I will go on experimenting when I get my full software next week. That quote is promising for Frontpagers:

Improved Import Text and Graphics from Web Function Now you can not only import text and graphics from an existing website, but Xara arranges the imported objects more or less in the correct position. I say more or less because scripts, mouse over effects, etc., do make it almost impossible to achieve an exact copy of the page. But it does make recreating an existing page a whole bunch easier. Hidden objects on layers etc., need to be imported separately as well as mouse over states for buttons
I am trying to find ways of minimising the mountain of work ahead of me to re-vamp my site. Bit of a learning curve ahead with Xara, but it looks like a great piece of software.