Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Text size on Designer Pro 6

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to make the MENU text (file, edit, arrange, utilities, etc) larger in Designer Pro 6?
    All other programs on the computer are a good size, it seems that this one is the odd one out. I don't want to change the screen resolution generally.
    Thanks for your input.

Default Re: Menu Text size on Designer Pro 6

After reading another question here about changing the program background colour, I realise that my problem is fixed by hitting cntrl>shft>alt>s. This does make menu text larger, but also changes the program background colour back to light. At least the text is legible now.
    Any other ideas?

Do you think it's just the dark UI that is making the menu fonts looks smaller?
    Because they are a windows standard font size for 96dpi screen scaling (100%).
    There's no way to change this within the application I'm afraid.

You could try the lightUI (press SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+S) but be aware than this will reset any toolbar modifications you have made back to factory defaults.
    (also note that some people have reported display weirdness when using the unsupported lightUI)

EDIT: You posted while I was posting The fonts used for the lighUI are the same size, it's an optical illusion they they might seem larger.

THanks for your reply Sledger. After measuring the drop menu length with both screen UIs, the light screen has a significantly longer drop than the black background screen. I think I'll just stick with it (unless some display weirdness forces me back again).
    Thanks

Yes, the spacing between the lines is most certainly larger with the lightUI and I think you may in fact be right that the darkUI font is very slightly smaller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-30_124657.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	89902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-30_124929.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	89903