Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Guest Guest

Default Re: right aligned web-page

What you are actually talking about is the browser background (the viewport) rather than the 'page' background yes?
    This is called the pasteboard in Xara (a term used before Xara could create websites) and is what ends up as whitespace in the browser window.
    Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for mixing up names. Thought my sample communicated what I mean.
    Yes, this 'pasteboard' can be used for a tiled background texture or even an image - but it's technically not the 'page' content area.
    Well, it's visible - that's all what matters to me

The page content area is fixed in the centre as Paul explained earlier, but - with the left aligned page tweak you can have it hug the left edge of the browser window (viewport).
    Having the page content area hugging the right edge of the browser viewport is likely possible with some really funky scripting but personally I see it as neither useful or aesthetically pleasing. I can't find any examples on line (some may exist, I don't know) so I think that's the general consensus.
    May I remind you of your own Signature Doing something new often has to do with break with some sorts of consensus.
    I at least find that left aligned sample-Page conceptually very convincing and would not see how that wouldn't work the other way round.
    But actually I would not do anything new: Right aligned pages seem relatively common in areas of the world where one reads from right to left.
    Last edited by polyxo; 01 May 2012 at 12:21 PM.