Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: right aligned web-page

With Xara, the space you can work with is fixed. It's the same space regardless of whether it's left-aligned, centred, or right-aligned; it's simply that Xara builds fixed size layouts.

You can certainly align things right, but I fail to see how that affects the design area that is available. The best you can do is to use design elements that trick the user into thinking that margin space is filled (background elements and such).

It's a design choice to try and right-align but it's not one that increases the available contiguous space. The design size in Xara is fixed and the spare margin space is dependant on the browser window and is unusable for active elements as far as out-of-the-box Xara goes.

Lets wait and see what you come up with.

Guest Guest

Default Re: right aligned web-page

Pauland, may I ask you to look at the Site I already posted as an example here?
    Imagine your goal was to show something lenghy (a bycicle or so) on the page background. What was the more suitable option to show the Bycicle as large as
    possible and not broken in parts/occluded by the Page itself? Centered or off-Center?
    If you still think that there's no difference on a Standard 16:10 or 16:9 screen I think it's hard to go on discussing that matter.