Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What a good idea Rubem http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Thanks very much

Richie

Try using XetupX utility program made by John W. Horn, at http://xeus.nm.ru/products.html You can set some Xara hiden options like saving a .bak before do the real save and have an autosaving thing. Really nice!

Aram
    Lithium.Design Studio

From the maker's page:

"XetupX (pronounced Setup X) is an advanced Xara Windows Registry tuning utility. You can use XetupX with Xara X¹, Xara X, and CorelXARA 2.0. XetupX detects the current installed version automatically and allows you to switch between versions if you have installed more then one on your machine.
    With XetupX you can adjust multiple settings of Xara X including: editing handles sizes, arrowhead and tail sizes in Line gallery, size of text used for the screen rulers, size of auto-generated fractal bitmaps for fractal fill and transparency, default guidelines color, turn color editor mode with split scales (very useful), set color separation of black to 100% Key only or CMYK by CMS, select any function for middle mouse button, enable the creation of backup files before save (saved as *.bak), select default EPS export PostScript level in Xara X¹, a new Beta feature - 2048 steps gradients!, and more.
    In addition to tuning features, there is one powerful tool, AutoXave (pronounced Auto save), which forces any version of Xara starting from CorelXARA 1.0 through Xara X¹ to automatically save current work. You can set the time interval for auto savings and select one of two modes: to save only active document or to save all opened documents. NOTE: Do not exit XetupX when using AutoXave, just minimize the XetupX dialog.
    To apply any settings with XetupX you must exit Xara, if it is opened, open XetupX and change desired settings. Then reopen Xara. To reset any value to the default setting, hold the mouse pointer over the control you wish to restore to its default setting and change the value to that shown in the pop-up tool tip."

Problem in XaraX
    XaraX doesn’t like if you use some personal Units to setup the Grid Spacing. XaraX will let you save that file, but you won’t be able to open it again (“Internal Program Error 298.8….”). Some of these files could be imported, but not all of them.

Incorrectness in XaraX
    If you import xar-file with some Defined Units into the file, which has the same Defined Units, then XaraX makes repetitions on the Units Definition list.

Dear friends! Only today I have a big trouble with Xara - when you can't open yout file. The same problem had a RICHIE at 16 december. You can try when you have this problem to find a .bac file in folder Documentation and Setting/user/Local Setting/, but you must to do allowed to show all folders and files in findig mode. It saved me today - I found the file which been baced 1 hour ago. Renamed it one and open. Maybe my exeperience will usefull. Sorry my English.