Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Left align web pages

I just had a look at your code My laptop now has a nervous twitch and refuses to come out from under the table. Is it actually alive ?

The "left align page" tweak is only guaranteed to work in a Xara generated page and combining Xara code into anything else is always going to be "interesting".

You also have have multiple <head> and <body> sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    I just had a look at your code My laptop now has a nervous twitch and refuses to come out from under the table. Is it actually alive ?

The "left align page" tweak is only guaranteed to work in a Xara generated page and combining Xara code into anything else is always going to be "interesting".

You also have have multiple <head> and <body> sections.

Thanks Drwyd - This is what happens when you try to get a decent cms site to work with xara. But it does actually work. Maybe it was just a dream. Design site navigation in Xara & stick into wordpress.

Will probably have to rethink my relationship with xara, which is a pity as I'm quite fond of it. I'll take my copy out to dinner (in a public place), and break the news gently

I'll take my copy out to dinner (in a public place), and break the news gently

Before you do, check this out.

Yeah - thanks Drywyd. I had seen that last year, but I think wordpress is probably the way to go. Sorry, but it's just too well developed, supported (and free

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Cool avatar by the way - scary!

By the way - any chance you could spare my blushes & edit out / remove that link for me??
    Cheers
    Speedyp
    Last edited by speedyp; 08 April 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: embarrassement

If you are still determined to get Xara Designer menus into your page there still may be a way. You could insert them into an iframe so that they would display inside your wordpress page. The links would have to be duplicated elsewhere (probably best in a footer) so that the search engines can follow them.

Cool avatar by the way - scary!
    Cheers it was made in sculptris (free) a really easy to use digital clay app.

If you are still determined to get Xara Designer menus into your page there still may be a way. You could insert them into an iframe so that they would display inside your wordpress page. The links would have to be duplicated elsewhere (probably best in a footer) so that the search engines can follow them.
    Now that sounds promising... I've been sticking wp blogs in Xara sites in iframes for a couple of years. Would be cool to do it the other way round

Thanks v. much for your help

If you are still determined to get Xara Designer menus into your page there still may be a way. You could insert them into an iframe so that they would display inside your wordpress page. The links would have to be duplicated elsewhere (probably best in a footer) so that the search engines can follow them..
    Well I tried that, but linking to pages opens them inside the Xara navigation iframe in the header... Any other ideas how to persuade Xara to navigate a wordpress site?

Set the link to open in the parent frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parent.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	88774  
    Attached Files Attached Files