Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Assignment Time!

I heartily agree with all of your observations, Mike.

I think group participation in a real project services a lot of purposes, Mike. First of all, for all we chat on this forum, artists tend to be loners, and when we're not, we're exceedingly competitive, which is contrary to a group effort.

What's in it for me (not that there necessarily has to be something in it), is the learning I'll gain from others.

When you stop believing you have something yet to learn, you're not a Master; you're a narcissistic fool.

My Best,

—Gary

here's mine - hope they are OK.

Christine

TGFont_4.xar

Hi Christine—

That's a lot of work, and generally it looks great and usable. There are one or two problems I can correct for you when I put the shapes into FontLab and into our group typeface.

You had a couple of nodes that support extreme changes in direction and an additional control point needs to go next to it. When the fulcrum of a curve is too far away from its origin, programs that read vector files (eg. Xara, modeling programs, typeface engines), there's often a problem rendering them to screen and for printing. Ideally, control points are evenly spaced along a character's outline, and used only when there is an abrupt change in the path.

That said, these are wonderful, thank you, the group thanks you...and I will try to put together a "proof of concept" version of this font over the weekend.

We should take it slowly so Frances can participate when she gets back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nodes-again.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	88589

My Best,

Gary

Not to worry Gare, I haven't finished mine yet. I'm going as hurryingly as I can.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The approach is not to hurry, pal!

We'll get there, with everyone's help and patience, and I already have project #2 waiting in the wings, more fun, more group participation.

Slow 'n' easy, Larry!

I'll be here, promise, not going anywhere.

-g-