Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default displaying shopping cart total on web pages

Im using paypal for checkout. It does all I need it to - except is there a way (or a plugin) to display a running total for the cart contents which is compatible with WD without use of PHP? the sort of thing which displays "Your Cart £xx.xx" which auto updates and usually sits nicely at the top of the page. Iv contacted paypay but they don't offer facilities directly for this

Default Re: displaying shopping cart total on web pages

have you looked at ecwid shopping cart ??

ecwid shopping cart is one of the e-commerce widgets.

Also, Megg, have you looked on the PayPal site? They have pretty good instructions for what can be done.

I will take a look at ecwid. Yes Ive looked on paypal and contacted them also - they told me it was not possible, only through a 3rd party provider. I was looking really for a piece of script I suppose which would sit as a placeholder and do the trick, but Im not sure if thats possible.

I've looked at ecwid and it offers max 100 products in the store, which isnt enough and im not looking to use a subscription service.
    Is it possible to use script and a placeholder to show cart total? the checkout its self has all the functionality I need, its just this total feature that's missing

not quite sure what you mean - when you add items to the bag it shows the total of item in the bag then when you click to open the bag it lists all the items and cost plus the shipping ???

see screenshot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecwid bag.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	88359

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart total example.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	88360

Hi, just this kind of thing which can be inserted onto every page of the site and which shows a running total of the contents in the cart. Number of items and or price. Often found on top right of a page in a store.